Greetings to all faculty members returning for the Fall 2014 semester! There have been a few changes at the Library over the summer that we would like to tell you about, and we would like to remind you of services that the Library offers to support the great work that you do.
New Library Liaison Assignments
- Isabel Ezquerra, Library Liaison for the School of Science, Technology, & Engineering Management, email@example.com, 305-628-6672
- Isabel Medina, Library Liaison for the School of Leadership Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-628-6769
- Jonathan Roach, Library Liaison for the School of Theology & Ministry and for Ph.D. in Practical Theology, email@example.com, 305-628-6627
- Nina Rose*, Library Liaison for the School of Business, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-628-6665
- Larry Treadwell, Library Liaison for Biscayne College and for Doctorate of Education Leadership, email@example.com, 305-474-6860
- Elliot Williams, Library Liaison for Departments of English, Humanities, History, Philosophy, and Global Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org, 305-474-6863
*Nina Rose is our new Outreach Librarian.
New eBook Portal
We have added a new ebook platform to our collection, 3M Cloud Library, for ebooks in the popular reading category. 3M eAudiobooks are coming in October. Our collection now includes more than 200,000 ebooks, available from the following vendors:
- EBSCOhost E-Book Collection (Academic Content)
- E-Book Library by EBL (Academic Content)
- 3M Cloud Library (Popular Content)
- ATLA E-Books Series 1 and 2 (Religion Content)
- Slavery and Anti-Slavery Archive (Historic Content)
- Latin American and Caribbean Portal (Academic Content)
- Tourism E-Book by Ovid (Tourism Content)
eBooks from all of these vendors are catalogued in the Library’s WorldCat catalog. If you have a few moments before the semesters kicks in to high gear, go ahead and get the 3M app and BlueFire (or other reader apps) uploaded to your mobile devices, download Adobe Digital Editions, create an Adobe ID for your devices, and test drive a 3M and EBL ebook to make sure you have it all up and running. Instructions and helpful links are available here on the library website. Come see Nina Rose at the reference desk weekdays from 9 a.m. -10 a.m. for Advice For Your Device, and I’ll be happy to troubleshoot for you.
Faculty Support Services
The library would like to remind you of some faculty support services that we offer to help you plan for the coming semester:
- Collection development supporting your school’s curriculum and faculty research needs. Contact your liaison to order resources, or place your order online using this form
- Library instructional sessions keyed to assignments to give student research skills a boost. Contact Larry Treadwell (contact info above) to schedule a session
- Reference services 7 days per week, in person and via chat and e-mail
- Faculty reserves. Visit the Circulation Desk to complete a Faculty Reserves Form
- Promotion of faculty publications
Also, for faculty teaching online courses, the Library has developed a Guide for Teaching Online Classes of University Library Support Services and Collections.
Follow Us on Social Media
Plans for some great events and series are in the works. Please follow us on social media to stay informed about upcoming events and new library resources and services:
- Facebook http://facebook.com/STULibrary
- WordPress https://stulibrary.wordpress.com
- Pinterest http://pinterest.com/STULibrary
- Twitter http://twitter.com/STULibrary
- Instagram http://instagram.com/STULibrary
We are looking forward to supporting your teaching and scholarship in the 2014-15 academic year!